Congratulations to those who completed the 24hr Sponsored Work-a-thon, I hear a good amount of money was raised by those taking part.

Doing my part instead from home, I’ve made a fair amount of progress in various areas of the site. I’ve got a lot more PHP queried data being passed to Flash, those sections are now able to determine the environment initialisation based on who’s logging into what boards – essentially with regard to access levels, profile information, the admin’s specs and set up etc.

I’ve also established a linear log of chat history in the Flash interface, quite simple to create but I think necessary. Half of the brief I outlined intended the project to converge features of a number of ‘traditional’ communication platforms. This chat log not only offers a more straightforward means for returning visitors to catch up on activity during their time offline – similar to message boards or Facebook’s news-feed, for example – but it also introduces new users with a little familiarity, the non-linearity of the project could easily be confusing at first.

The ever-huge principal task of migrating all static Flash to shared objects via Flashcom continues but the majority is almost complete. Most of the shared objects are now persistently and remotely stored, organised and automatically sectioned by room instances. I’ve can now successfully query this info on re-entry to regenerate the rooms to their previous/continued states.

I’ve also combined some SSAS with multiple netConnections to handle the user’s data transfer – their connections in whole, rooms and connected user lists, webcams and now a centrally defined and independent server-time these all run by.

Plenty more to go, got to sort out image handling next. both inside and outside of Flash. For user profiles on the HTML sections and calculating some kind of pixel/size/quantity allocation for those uploading into communities.

In the lonely cool before dawn, you hear their engines roaring on.